Reading and Math Fluency Programs
Frequent and consistent tutoring is the key to fluency growth.
These research-based interventions work best when children engage 3-5 times a week for 10-12 weeks.
Cost effective 1:1 support for Elementary Students in Basic Math Fact Fluency and Oral Reading Fluency Remediation or Enrichment.
Reading or Math curriculum is paired with Precision Teaching
Oral Reading Fluency Program
This program is for your child if he/she reads:
- With less than 96% accuracy.
- At a slower than expected rate as measured by correct words per minute
- Reads aloud with a labored, robotic, or unnatural expression.
- Grades 1-5 (Students must have at least 1 semester of 1st grade completed before beginning).
- Tutors place readers in appropriate level and set benchmark goals based on current performance and recommended grade level goals.
It is not uncommon for our students to double their oral reading fluency within 6 months
Fluency training with Mr. Brian has made such an incredible impact on Rowan’s reading abilities in such a short time. He was woefully behind other students in his class, and within a few short months, he’s reading at grade-level. The short tutoring sessions have not only helped Rowan get to where he needs to be academically, but this progress has also changed Rowan’s self-esteem. He’s so proud of his progress and it shows in all aspects of his life at home and at school.
Math Fact Fluency Program
- Choose addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division.
- Scope and sequence of facts followed is research-based
This program is for your child if he/she:
- Takes 3 seconds or longer to answer to a basic math facts
- At a slower than expected rate as measured by facts correct per minute.
- Counts on their fingers or uses another strategy to figure out basic facts
- Frequently makes fact errors on word problems
- Seeks Enrichment
- Grades 1-7 (Students must have at least 1 semester of 1st grade completed before beginning).
- Tutors place mathematicians at appropriate level and set benchmark goals based on current performance and recommended grade level goals.
Students frequently master an operation with appropriate fluency within 6 months
Increased accuracy on story problems.
Can cancel no questions asked within the first 30 days.
1:1 virtual support
12-16 sessions a month
Baseline and progress monitoring data.
End of each month: data presentation with tutor, parents, and student.
End of 3 month program: team meeting to celebrate learning, review all data, and decide on next goals (if any!)